To design a spectacular website, you should work with professionals because:
- You get a site that’s tailored to suit the needs of your business and your potential customers.
- Your site will be easy to navigate and attractive to look at; two qualities that make visitors want to do business with you.
- You can take advantage of new technologies to improve your customer’s online experience.
- Your site will be optimised for search engines which will improve your ranking on search engines.
- You can benefit from the website maintenance services they offer to keep your site up-to-date and functioning smoothly.
Some questions you should ask
What’s the main purpose of my website?
Do you want to advertise your business, sell a product or provide a service? The purpose of your website will determine what features and capabilities you need. From a single page to a dynamic e-commerce site—anything is possible! Being able to answer this question will help you, and the web designer, create a site that fulfils your requirements, down to the last detail.
How often will I need to update my site?
Some websites need to be updated more frequently than others. If you site will need to be updated extensively or frequently, you can create a layout that makes it easier for you to make the necessary changes. A pro-active approach will save you time and money once your site is running.
Will my site display the latest news and trends?
Your website is the ideal place to share newsworthy content with your visitors. When planning your layout, you should include some space for this content in your design. Make sure it’s easy for your visitors to find it as many people return to sites that update their content regularly.
Should my website be mobile-friendly?
The number of people using smartphones to access the internet is increasing at a rapid pace. A mobile-responsive site automatically adjusts your text and images to display correctly on a smaller screen. This makes it much easier for visitors to navigate your site on a smartphone or tablet and has a direct influence on the amount of traffic you’ll receive.
With a mobile-friendly site:
- Your customers can access your site and purchase your products or services even if they don’t have a laptop.
- Google will index your website more efficiently which could help you rank higher in search results.
- Your business will always be available to potential and existing customers.
There are many other important questions to ask and factors to consider when designing your website. So if you’d like a free evaluation of your site, contact the Web Changes marketing department. We’d be happy to advise you on your website layout and suggest improvements.
Web Changes also offers a range of affordable, high-quality website maintenance packages to suit your specific requirements.